- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons Unsalted Butter, at room temperature
- 2 ¼ cups Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 4 Eggs, at room temperature
- 4 Overripe Bananas (the skin should be bruised and blackened)
- ¾ cup Buttermilk, at room temperature
- 2 ½ cups Flour
- ½ tablespoon Baking Powder
- ½ tablespoon Baking Soda
- 1 teaspoon Salt
* This recipe yields 4lbs of batter and makes one 9x13 inch cake or two 8” round cakes.
** Every oven is different so make sure you get to know yours and always test your cakes with a toothpick to ensure they are baked through.
Figuring out the math of how to increase or decrease a recipe can be tricky, so click here for our conversion chart and scaled ingredient amounts.
Please consult this table if you'd like to make a larger portion