I am really proud of this vanilla cake. I love its buttery, sweet flavour, and it is perfect for simple cakes layered with buttercream and toppings, or for novelty cakes. It is subtle yet satisfying, and tastes much better than the artificial vanilla boxed variety, in my opinion ;) Once you learn how to make this baking staple you'll never go back to boxed cake! This is definitely one of my go-to cake recipes on How To Cake It (don't forget to subscribe!).
Fun things you can do with vanilla cake? Dye it, or throw in chunks of crushed candy or sprinkles for a classic funfetti look!
Oh, and don't forget to SIGN UP and become a How To Cake It member HERE! It's my way of giving something back to YOU! I'll give you VIP access to all my video tutorials BEFORE they are released on YouTube, AND send you member-only discount codes for all the merchandise on my site!
Ingredients & tools you will need:
Electric Stand Mixer and Paddle Attachment - http://amzn.to/1Sm3oh6
Desired Cake Pans
Depending on the amount of cake you are making, see the handy chart below for ingredients and portions.
**Make sure your eggs and butter are at room temperature before beginning!
How To Make The Perfect Vanilla Cake Batter!
- Sift your flour, baking powder, and salt into a bowl and whisk together. Set aside.
- Cream your butter, sugar and vanilla at medium speed until light and fluffy, about 8-10 minutes.
- Add your eggs to your sugar mixture, two at a time, and blend until incorporated. Scrape down the sides as needed.
- Add your dry ingredients alternatively with your milk. Begin by adding dry, then alternate with wet. Add the dry in four parts, and the wet in three.
- Pour your batter into your desired parchment lined pans. Always bake at 350 degrees until a toothpick comes out clean.
Yo's Handy Baking Charts
Below will give you an idea of the types of pans you can use to bake this delicious recipe of Vanilla Cake, along with the suggested baking times, as well as the correct portions of ingredients to use for baking.
I used my vanilla cake recipe to make my Robin's Egg Blue Tiered Cake, my fun Candy Checkerboard Cake and my Half Birthday Cake among others - try out these recipes and let me know how it goes! I love to see all of your baking pics on Instagram (follow me --> @yolanda_gampp), where I post all of my How To Cake It creations :)